2.21.2011

Megan Janelle

So as you may or may not know, today is my VERY good friend Megan's birthday. =D =D =D =D
YES! Break out the balloons and streamers!!!!!!! This is a beautiful day to partayyyyy.
What's that? You don't get it? Oh! You're wondering why I am sooooo excited if it's not MY birthday? Because it's Megan's birthday. Hmm...I guess  maybe there are a few things you should know about her,so that you can celebrate as much as me.
1.)She is funny. I know very few people who can make me laugh as easily.
Job 8:21 He will yet fill your mouth with laughter  and your lips with shouts of joy.
2.)She LOVEs her family. Even when it is hard (you won't see me signing up to live with 10 people). She respects her parent's, and honors them by seeking their counsel.
Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you"
3.) Megan cuts hair. (shameless advertising for my talented friend)
sorry no verse for this one ;-)
4.)Megan doesn't sit around waiting for God to wave a magic wand and make things easier for her, she realizes that she is called to FIGHT, whether it's a fight for joy, a fight for contentment, or just a fight to get out of bed on one of her very early mornings, she makes it her goal to glorify God in the way she is proactively proclaiming the gospel to herself.
2Corinthians 10:3-5 "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
5.) Thank you Megan for the countless texts offering or asking for prayer, sharing encouraging verses, or even pointing out the beauty in the sun rising over the Potomac.
I know it's not easy for you, but you don't quit.
6.)Megan is an amazing photographer. Now you know who to call for a fabulous hair cut, and some new portraits =0)(more advertising, and again no verse, just a link )http://meganjanellephotography.blogspot.com/, 

7.)Megan has red hair. (maybe a weird reason to celebrate, but hey ;-) )
 
8.) stuffed crust pizza. need I say more?
Happy Birthday Megan, I love you so much! I hope your day is full of laughter, fun, and an awareness of God's grace on your life for the last 20 years. I look forward to the next 20 years, before we are "over the hill"

No comments:

Post a Comment