2.08.2011

NOT impressive...improving

I'd love to be able to say I had one great talent that I was known for. That I was the funniest person, or the best cook, photographer, artist, or writer that you would stumble across. But as it is, I am just me. Me. Crazy, random, scatter brained, too many interests me. I have many loves, as I have listed, and I would love to share them with you.
More important though, than any of my interests is this: that the God of the universe loves ME, and sent His Son to die so that I can live with Him for all eternity.
Wow. that's the only impressive thing I have going for me. But here's the kicker: I did nothing to earn this love. No, I did everything in my power to show God that I wanted to do things my way. Yet in spite of me and my sin, God still loved me, and graciously showed me that my pride and self sufficiency leads only to death. Because of His grace and love, I have been able to choose His love, over my own arrogance. And although I am still painfully proud, I know that He who began a good work in me will carry it through until the day of completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment